Cancer and its treatments can be painful. Atleast 75% of advanced cancer patients experience pain. One of the good news is 80-90% of cancer pain can be managed by correct medications.. Controlling pain is part of your cancer treatment. A tumor that presses on bones, nerves, or organs can cause pain. Cancer treatments like Surgery, chemotherapy and radiation for cancer can also cause pain. There are a number of ways to control each of these kinds of pain: – simple painkillers
- Powerful medications like narcotic analgesics morphine, fentanyl patches etc
when pain is severe
- Neurolytic blocks (permanent nerve blocks) for severe cancer pain when medications alone are not enough relief eg: Coeliac plexus block for cancer of pancreas, liver metastasis and upper gastro-intestinal tract cancers.
- Superior hypogastric block for cancer of pelvic organs or lower gastro-intestinal tract
- Head and neck nerve blocks
- Intrathecal Morphine Pump- delivers opioids to the subarachnoid space using an implanted pump having the advantage of less drug required and reduced adverse effects.
- We can provide you with the best pain relief methods for your cancer pain, enabling it to be controlled.
Advance cancer pain who was on morphine but still was in pain – before and after celiac plexus nerver block – Patient Testimonial